So I’ve been running A TON lately (actually only 2-4 times a week but it feels like I can’t stop running like Forrest) because I have made the maniacal decision to run a half marathon in early May.
My thought was if I committed to this half marathon I’d force myself to run so much I’d end up becoming one of those people who runs to relax. Update: I’m still terrible at running and don’t think it’s relaxing.
Running is such a mental game. Other than mental strength you need no talent nor equipment. Now I’m sure my thoughts will maybe one day change when I get better at running but here’s a glimpse into my thoughts during my runs.
1. What a beautiful day for a run! Cant wait to lace up and get started.
three minutes into the run….
2. This isn’t too bad. Maybe I should pick up my pace.
3. Just kidding, slow it down you eager beaver. This sucks.
4. How long have I been running? oh 7 minutes. Welp. Not even halfway there.
5. Alright, stay focused. What am I going to eat when I get home?
6. I’m running 3 miles so I should probably eat six slices of pizza. No I should have a protein shake. I should probably eat a salad. Gosh I wish I had tacos at home.
7. Oh look a pupper. Hi dog! You are so cute. I wonder what Bauer is doing. Why didn’t I bring Bauer. Wow I’m the worst dog parent.
Maybe I should go home and get Bauer. Bauer hates running.
8. Oh, another runner. Should I wave? No, don’t be weird. OMG, SHE waved first! Hello! Yes! We are both runners! Look at us run!
9. Ok. My lungs are about to collapse. I probably went to hard. Check to see how far we have gone. *1.5 miles, DANG IT!!
10. FINISHED. Wow, I’m a champ. jk I suck. Ugh I should probably run again tomorrow.