I’ve been 26 for a whole week now, I feel so much wiser already. Totally kidding but I do feel incredibly grateful. It has proven time and time again that everything in my life happened for a reason and has led me to this present moment. So, I want to
bore walk you through personal lessons that really showed me how to LIVE in year 25.
- There is a clear difference between speaking truth and being an a**hole. Speaking my truth means liberation of self without demolition of others. It does not mean hurting feelings or shredding hearts. Granted sometimes the other party may not like what you have to say but focus on delivery and timing. I believe the saying happens to go like this -” If everyone loves you, something is wrong but if everyone hates you, something sure isn’t right.” Whatever it may be speak your mind but focus on your timing and delivery.
- People will be crappy but people will be good. They will pull the rug from under you and they will lift you up when you least expect it. Few people in this life are entirely either warm or cold-blooded. Fragile, yes. Beautiful, yes. But hardly ever just a good guy or bad guy.
- There aren’t any traffic lights when it comes to your growth. There isnt anything flashing red telling you to stop nor is there an inviting green summoning you to fly full speed ahead into your goals and wants. Your gut is your guide. Listen when she speaks. She will speak softly at first, so don’t ignore her.
- It’s okay to cut people out of your life. If you find yourself anxious, hurt, or disappointed on a regular basis by a person in your life, it’s a good indication you’ve outgrown this relationship. Wish these people well and don’t hold hatred or resentment in your heart. Cut ties and know you’re doing the right thing for your own mental and emotional well being.
- Admit when you’re wrong. ( I’m sure Jacob is laughing at this one. I’m still working on it, ok.) It takes practice (and being wrong), but learning a little humility builds character. No matter how old you get, you’re never too old to learn something new, and you’ll find that just about anybody can teach you something about life.
I can already feel how killer chapter 26 will be for me. I know it will be emotional, stressful but full of growth and new opportunities. I don’t know much for certain this year and my goals are short-term rather than the long-term for the time being but to be happy in the present is when you’re living the most… Isn’t that how the saying goes?
Alright times up! Hope you enjoyed my small words of wisdom.